MOT from £35
If you own a vehicle that is 3 years or older you’re required to have an annual MOT. An MOT is a test to ensure your vehicle meets minimum safety levels required by law. The MOT test is a comprehensive inspection of the interior, exterior and under the bonnet of your vehicle. A record is kept of each test whether it is a pass or fail and also a note of all advisory’s for you to keep an eye on.
We test cars (class 4 vehicles) along with vehicles between 3.0 and 3.5 tonnes, like pickups, vans and transits (class 7). We can carry out almost all required repairs on site on the same day and we will always quote you upfront so there are no big surprises.
Q: How soon can I get booked in?
This is largely down to how much work we already have booked in however we will endeavour to get you booked in on the day you wish. If we’re already fully booked we will make arrangement’s that best suit your needs.
Q: What is checked on my MOT?
There are over 20 separate areas of your vehicle that are checked during an MOT test. Within these separate areas there are numerous checks carried out to make sure your car is safe to be driven on the public roads.
Q: How long will it take?
An MOT test takes under an hour to complete however depending on if there are any repairs to take out this may take longer.
We will always ring you and let you know the progress and outcome of your MOT and if there are any repairs to be carried out.
Q What type of vehicles do we MOT?
We test cars (class 4 vehicles) along with vehicles between 3.0 and 3.5 tonnes, like pickups, vans and transits (class 7).
Please see below for the full list.
Q: What documents do I need to bring?
Most people will not need to bring any form of paperwork.
There are two instances you will need to bring documents.
- It’s your vehicles first MOT, in the instance you will need to bring a V5C vehicle registration certificate.
- Your vehicle has had a change of registration since it’s last MOT you will also need to bring your V5C registration certificate.
Q: What happens if my car fails?
It is illegal to run a car which has failed it’s MOT as the vehicle is deemed by law to be unsafe.
If your car fails it’s MOT then we can carry out repairs on your car on site, normally on the same day. We will always ring you first before we carry out any work and quote you so there are now nasty surprises.
What We Can Test
- 3-wheeled vehicles (over 450kg unladen weight)
- Cars (up to 8 passenger seats)
- Motor caravans
- Quads (max unladen weight 400kg – for goods vehicles 550kg and max net power of 15kw)
- Dual purpose vehicles
- Private hire and public service vehicles (up to 8 seats)
- Ambulances and taxis
- Private passenger vehicles and ambulances (9 to 12 passenger seats)
- Goods vehicles (up to 3,000kg design gross weight)
- Private passenger vehicles and ambulances (13 to 16 passenger seats)
- Private passenger vehicles and ambulances (more than 16 passenger seats)
- Goods vehicles (over 3,000kg up to 3,500kg design gross weight)